CFD results output

Forum for DesignBuilder CFD users to exchange views and ask each other questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

f.whitaker

CFD results output

Postby f.whitaker » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 pm

I am running some CFD simulations on air flow in under-floor HVAC plenums for a server room.
I essentially have an air supply unit in one room and an extractor in another, connected via multiple holes. I am wanting to measure the volumetric flow rate through each hole, however I can't find the right tool within the sofware to do this.
Is the only way to get readings of specific points using the CFD monitor points tool, and is this restricted to just a single cell face?
Thanks for any available help.
Luis Sousa

Re: CFD results output

Postby Luis Sousa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello,

Perhaps you could use the results of a slice.
You can check the slice results for each point by exporting the CFD slice results to a CSV file at menu File>Export>Export CFD results slice

Hope this helps.

BR,
Luis
XAVI689

Re: CFD results output

Postby XAVI689 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello,
I'm currently working with the CFD module and I want to compare my numerical results with real cases.
When I use the export data from CFD command to *.csv format, I'm obtain only coordinate / velocity (=Speed & direction) and pressure of the grid point :
+ Can I have a solution to recover all calculated data from the CFD analysis (speed / direction / Temperature / etc.) ?
+ At least, does any relationship to deduce the direction and speed from the given velocity ?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
best regard,
Xavi

Return to “CFD”