CFD Flow Differences Error Despite Boundary Condition Values

Forum for DesignBuilder CFD users to exchange views and ask each other questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

Chua

CFD Flow Differences Error Despite Boundary Condition Values

Postby Chua » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:09 am

Hello all,

I am having trouble setting up an internal CFD analysis, despite the boundary conditions editor showing balanced flow around 7.5 m^3/s in and out of the volume.

When I go to run the CFD simulation, however, I get the below message about a flow imbalance. This is odd, because the flow rates are completely different than what is shown in the boundary conditions editor.

After getting this error, I went back to check the boundary conditions dialog, and it still looked fine. Going back to the CFD simulation tab, I got another flow imbalance report but with completely different volumetric flow rate numbers.

I upgraded to the latest DesignBuilder today to test out this file, so I am not sure what could be wrong. Any help from the DesignBuilder staff or other forum goers would be surely appreciated. I cannot link the images due to worries about spam, so two screenshots are attached. I will make a reply with the DesignBuilder model, since I cannot have three attachments.

Thank you,
Alstan
Attachments
db_01.jpg
Boundary conditions editor
db_01.jpg (250.71 KiB) Viewed 21715 times
db_02.jpg
Error message
db_02.jpg (76.84 KiB) Viewed 21715 times
Chua

Postby Chua » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:10 am

Here is the DesignBuilder model in question.

I am not even sure how to begin troubleshooting this. Any help from the DesignBuilder staff or forum goers would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Alstan
Attachments
AJ - Example.dsb
DesignBuilder model giving error.
(3.51 MiB) Downloaded 191 times

Return to “CFD”