ACE calculation by CFD simulation

Forum for DesignBuilder CFD users to exchange views and ask each other questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

agira1365

ACE calculation by CFD simulation

Postby agira1365 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 am

I´m modeling a residential building with the natural ventilation system in DB. I need to have the result of ACE, but it does not work. I mean, I run the energy and CFD simulation and the results are good and also everything is going well but when I run the ACE calculation, a table open and I type the values of ( X, Y, Z, L, W, H) but the software errors that the values of geometry are invalid. while I entered the same values which the system showed in the screen. How can I solve this problem?
Steve Potter

Postby Steve Potter » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:07 am

Hi,

It can be confusing setting up the origin of an ACE region. However, it can be helpful to first go to a plan view on the Edit screen, select the measure tool and move the cursor to the required origin for the ACE region, you can then read the X and Y coordinates from the coordinate readout at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can then type these X and Y coordinates into the ACE dialog together with the required Z coordinate, length, width and height of the region.

Hope this is of help.

Steve

Return to “CFD”